Friday, March 2, 2007

Waiting

Finally all those tests I had to look forward to are over with and now I can look forward to a relaxing (knock on wood) weekend and prepare for our trip on Monday. On Monday we will be traveling through Northern Greece going to cities like Delphi, ThessalonĂ­ki, Meteora, Phillippi, Pella and Vergina. I am really looking forward to this trip and getting to once again see more places where Paul went on his missionary journeys. I will be sure and tell about it when I come back. Things are still going good here but sometimes it does get crazy with 50 people living in the same place for so long. Sometimes a lot of us feel like we just need to get away for a little while and to just be around some different people. It is part of the experience and it has been an amazing one. Even still though breaks are necessary. Next weekend a few of my friends from the HUF program in Florence, Italy will be coming to stay with us so that will be great getting to see them. That is also one reason I am looking forward to going on this trip Monday because even though we will still be with everyone we wont be here so it will be nice to get away for a few days. I guess one discouraging thing about all of this is that I feel that I find myself just waiting. Of course anyone wishes they could just get classes and things over with and go on to the next thing but. I feel that everyday I am just waiting until our next trip or until we go to Israel or our cruise or even free travel. The more I just wait for those things the faster this semester goes. I know this semester is going to fly by anyways but I know that I just need to start living in the moment and not just trying to get through to the next thing. That is one thing I have always struggled with. It is something that I have really been working on this semester especially. I love being here and I really do love each day I am blessed with but it is still so hard to not want to just keep moving on to the next trip or next free day or something like that. In any sense I am learning so much each and every day in my classes alone. As hard as it is to get up in the mornings and as much as class is still class, I really am getting a lot out of each and everything we do here. I praise God for this amazing opportunity and for opening my eyes to so many things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it is so amazing to see what you wrote and know that I had/have those Exact feelings. Especially about wanting the next big thing and kind of wishing away all these amazing things in life. Now look at me, its been a whole year since I was in Greece doing the same thing you are. Take your own advice and live it up, I wish I had more. Miss you.

Kenny Simpson said...

Brent: Just don't forget those words throughout the rest of your life (even in boring old Alabama).