Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Changes

I cannot believe it is already September. I feel like I was just writing my last entry on here a few days ago back in May. The summer flew by and I was certainly not ready for it. I was expecting it to be another long summer just waiting to be back at school. I was certainly waiting to be back at school but surprisingly I had a pretty good summer and wasn't in as much of a hurry to be back as usual. School is flying by already and the work is just getting bigger by the day. Harding has been the place I have called home for the last two years now. This semester has been a little different though. I knew coming back it would be different but I geuss I didn't realize how different really. There were so many people I hadn't seen or been around since December because I was overseas and I couldn't wait to get back into the swing of things here with everyone. It has actually been pretty difficult adjusting back to being here. In some ways I almost feel like a Freshman again. That is certainly not a great feeling considering as a Freshman I was ready to leave the second I could. (Luckily that changed fast and now I never want to leave this place.) Things are changing. People are changing. My life goals are changing. My future is changing. My life itself is changing right before my own eyes. For the most part these have all been pretty good changes. For me change is a word I dread sometimes but I also love it at times too. I feel like because of our semester overseas there have been a lot of changes when it comes to friends. We knew it would be that way but I feel like with some it has just been unnecessary changes that can be avoided. I know things will come around in the end and as time goes on things will work out but the last three weeks in a way have been some of the hardest weeks I have experienced since I have been at Harding. If anything though it has only made me stronger. The reason I always tell people I love Harding so much is because of the people here and even though changes are occurring these people always come through in one way or another. When it comes to my life goals, my future and my life itself changing I would dare to say that is the case for anyone especially a college student. I don't know if it was an epiphany or just a simple talk with a wonderful friend of mine that caused me to do this but I decided to double major a few days ago. I was already majoring in IT and now I added Accounting to that and so joyfully added another Accounting class that I started today, which is three weeks into school. I sat in class today wondering what in the world I was doing while enjoying it all the same. This is the good change. I feel like to an extent I have lived a boring life at times. I have lived so routinely that instead of waking up every morning being so thankful for the day ahead of me I am just ready for the day to be over so I can get to next big event in my life. In my "Waiting" entry on here a few months ago I kind of talked about this a little. I am tired of just letting the day go by without realizing what a blessing it is to be here and to be alive. To my surprise 7 AM comes so much more pleasantly when I realize what a beautiful day its going to be and what a beautiful thing it is to be alive that day. This is the good change. I know things will get better with friends and I know that God will bless me through them and through the other exciting changes in my life as long as he stays my top priority. Change isn't a bad thing. It is all about making the best of what is put in front of you. I know it is easier said than done but it isn't impossible and thats why I love God because through him all things are possible. I am looking forward to a great semester and excited about what is to come.

No comments: